6 hoarder habits…
It is estimated that between 2 and 5% of the U.S population exhibits some hoarding behaviour. But what is the difference between being a ‘”pack rat” who is simply messy and disorganised and a full blown hoarder?
The Huffington Post recently crafted a handy guide to distinguish pack rats from serious hoarders, and WY? has taken note.
Here is a list of the most notable everyday warning signs that you, or someone you know might have hoarding tendencies…
1. They keep acquiring things, but don’t have a use for the items and/or a reason to display them.
2. A collection has taken over.
3. Chairs are too cluttered to be used, or there’s one room that cannot be used as intended.
4. Strong attachments to objects at a young age.
5. It’s a huge challenge to get rid of unwanted items.
6. There’s so much stuff, they don’t want to have visitors over.
Read the full guide here and if you feel like you’re drowning in your own possessions and don’t have the ability to use space effectively then contact WY? address book favourites Marie from Sorting Spaces or Rebecca Mezzino from Clear Space to stamp out your hoarding habits once and for all.