Earth By Anna’s Scrumptious Raw Vegan Cacao Balls
Anna Weatherlake’s Earth By Anna blog shares the knowledge, places, goods and experiences that she has discovered both locally and around the world. All are cruelty-free, vegan, health-orientated, environmentally friendly and sustainable – just like this delicious recipe for the Earth By Anna Scrumptious Raw Vegan Cacao Balls!
Roll away and decorate in a colourful coating of your choice – but don’t blame us if you can’t stop at one!
1 cup pitted dates
1 cup almonds
1/3 cup raw cacao powder
2 tablespoon chia seeds
1/3 cup organic virgin coconut oil
1/2 cup natural shredded coconut (not the one with added sugar)
Shredded coconut, pistachios, flaxseed, goji berries or anything else you would like to roll the balls in.
1. Soak dates in warm water for 15 minutes to soften.
2. Add nuts, cacao, shredded coconut, coconut oil and chia seeds to blender and mix until smooth consistency.
3. Add dates and a teaspoon of filtered water and mix again (ensure all dates are blended and there are no chunks).
4. Let mixture sit for 15 minutes.
5. Roll mixture into bite size balls.
6. Roll balls in shredded coconut, pistachios, goji berries, anything you like and store in the fridge.