Although she calls Australia home, Amelia’s work takes her overseas three times a year. Lucky for us, this frequent flyer is happy to share her top travel tips.
What do you do?
Head buyer for Melbourne boutique, Le Louvre
What makes you glad to be alive?
My husband, our dog Elvis and getting to travel to exotic destinations all over the world
If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Right here! Australia has the best the world has to offeR
What do you do to relax?
I love researching my next holiday destination, rearranging my cupboards in colour combinations and going for long walks in the country
You travel a lot for work and play. What are your top 5 travel tips?
1) Pack your clothes on coathangers so you can unpack in a flash. I use the velvet flocked ones fromHowards Storage World – pale grey for summer and black for winter (I am OCD about my coathangers!)
2) Try your outfits on at least twice before packing them. Each item needs to work with the rest
3) For long hauls, I slather Elizabeth Arden’s 8 Hour Cream all over my face. By the time I reach my destination, I have amazingly moisturised skin
4) Book restaurants in advance through your hotel’s concierge. It makes life so much easier and you are assured a table
5) A GPS is an essential in rental cars to save time and marriages! The extra nine euros a day is worth every cent
What are your travel essentials?
Next to wallet and passport, earplugs. They ward off jet engine noises, creaky hotel pipes, noisy neighbours and snoring husbands. I also always take my Celine Ocelot Trio bag as it’s so versatile and goes from day to night, airport to L’Avenue restaurant, and an extra Longchamp Pliage bag. They fold down to nothing and are vital for the inevitable excess luggage on the way home