Greatest preoccupation is…
My son and educating him. I read to him and teach him how to paint. Everything I do, I involve him. There’s not greater gift than watching him learn and grow.
Have you always had a healthy lifestyle?
I’ve always eaten well and avoided ‘junk food’, but I’m now also dairy, wheat and sugar-free where possible. I also include quality fats (EFAs) in my diet.
What are your top three health rules to live by?
1) Address the cause, not just the symptom.
2) Prevention IS the cure.
3) Eat food which is as close to nature as possible.
What product or service has been your number one saviour as a mother?
The ABA (Australian Breastfeeding Association). Their 1800 mum 2 mum helpline was my saviour when I needed support.
You always look so perfectly bronzed. Do you swear by any faux tanning products?
My heritage is Spanish Moroccan descent so I am naturally olive. However, the invisible skin ECO tan product is carcinogen-free and goes on invisible like a moisturiser. It’s wonderful and we sell it at ourwellness centre in Elwood, Melbourne.
You had an all-natural birth. Can you tell us about that?
Calm birth is a beautiful and gentle program that educates you to feel relaxed so you can produce the pain-relieving hormones the body is designed to release. My midwife, Jan Ireland was there for me the entire time. She normally does home births but being a first-time mother, I wanted to have my baby in a birth centre. We chose Monash Clayton birthing suites as it was close to a hospital in case I needed medical attention. (I didn’t!) The birth centre was a public system and most aren’t aware of the services available – which are actually free.
I would invite the following people to my dream dinner party….
Ellen and Portia, Oprah, Richard Branson and Nelson Mandela for business inspiration, Stevie Wonder to sing for us. Among these guests would be my family and my closest friends who are the people I admire most as I’m grateful for the support they give me to achieve my dreams.
Top five must haves…
1. Chiropractic care for optimal functioning with Dr Warren Sipser in Elwood.
2. Nikken water purifier tank for fresh, filtered water.
3. My iPhone so I can work anywhere and anytime.
4. Aspect skincare – carcinogen free products that work!
5. A massive handbag to fit all my son’s cars, crayons and ‘crap’! I have many! Including random ones with bells on them from South America, a Chanel beige tote and a Louis Vuitton canvas with a fluro pink interior. (It was a European release.)