To get out the door I need…
My technology. It’s a little sad really but I rely on my iPhone, iPad and Mac far too much! As I’m always on the go I like to do more than one thing at once and my apple products can make that happen!
Comfort food to me is…
Anything Mum serves when I go home. There is nothing like a home cooked meal that you haven’t had to cook yourself!
You’re always on the go – Whether it be driving to a Country Racing meet or heading interstate/overseas, tell us your top three essentials for travelling?
1. My music – I love to dance so I am rarely without tunes on at home, in the car or while travelling.
2. I always travel comfortably and change on arrival or just prior. I find I feel much more fresh from doing so and I don’t crush my clothing either (a very wise stylist, Virgina Dowzer, taught me early on to avoid crushing where possible!)
3. Water – It is very easy to become dehydrated when you’re traveling. I am often hosting or speaking at events so it’s important to ensure my voice and throat are not stressed. Lack of water also affects the condition of my skin so I am very conscious about drinking water.
Home decorating tip…
Some people like a house, I like a home. By this I mean something that is lived in with photos and warmth. Don’t get me wrong, I love a clean and organised space but I also like to be comfortable. My home is my little retreat so I keep it very “me”.
What is the one thing you miss about being an accountant?
My immediate reaction would be to say “nothing” but that would be a lie! I made lots of great friends during the three to four years I worked in Accounting so I certainly miss seeing them everyday. At times I miss the structure the job provided but to be honest I absolutely love what I do now. I think if you are lucky enough to find a job that doesn’t feel like work then you’re onto a winner!
Best moment of your career so far?
There have been so many! Being the host of Melbourne Spring Fashion Week in 2012 was a fantastic experience and carrying the Caulfield Cup with Gai Waterhouse in the pre-race ceremony was also very memorable. More recently though, having a team to work with in both Stride Sports Management and Chadwick Models has been incredible.
Country Racing race meet vs. one of the Spring Racing Carnival days. What do you prefer and why?
It is tough to pick one actually, I like going to both for different reasons. In the city over Spring Carnival I love seeing the fashion, the exceptional racing, meeting new people and catching up with friends. The excitement of watching the Melbourne Cup at Flemington is like nothing else. When I head to a country meeting I am often catching up with family, old friends and having a relaxing afternoon so it’s a different experience. I am very close to my family and a country raceday brings us all together.
Who is your favourite best-dressed regular race-goer? And why?
Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge. Not once has Catherine’s racewear not appealed to me. She is always dressed so elegantly and on the odd occasion she does take a subtle risk, it always works.
What three fashion items are you currently eyeing off and why?
Goodness, it is tough to pick only three! There are a couple of gorgeous international pieces I am considering at the moment. I love the colours/designs in the latest from Peter Pilotto, MSGM and Alexander McQueen. Locally I am crushing on:
1. Bianca Spender black jumpsuit. I just love the cut and neck line on this piece, it’s just divine and is a perfect Derby Day option.
2. In Toni Maticevski’s most recent collection there is a lovely simple black dress that has a beautiful textured fabric blooming on the front. It would be the perfect go-to black dress in my wardrobe.
3. Michaela Menichelli Black Shopper. I am on the hunt for a new black handbag of a good size at the moment and this one is currently in the lead!