What do you do?
Marketing Executive at Mr & Mrs Smith Asia Pacific
What is your guilty pleasure…
Shoes… or, if I’m on a budget, chocolate (the chocolate-coated raspberries from the IGA near our office have fast become an addiction for not only myself but, by default, the whole Smith team!)
Talent you’d most like to have?
The ability to say no to a purchase – well, at least that’s what my Dad would like! I’m able to justify a new pair of shoes, bag or piece of clothing all too easily.
Name 3 things you always take on a holiday?
- My best friend Alex – she’s my number one person to pack! We’ve had some amazing holidays together; most recently, a trip to LA for some shopping, Miami for a few too many cocktails and Cabo San Lucas for rest and relaxation …and lots of guacamole.
- A good book (and I mean really good, not 50 Shades good) – I find it hard to get into the reading rhythm when I’m working but I can plough through novels when I’m away.
- An assortment of lip balms – I alternate between By Terry Baume de Rose (Mecca Cosmetica),Malin+Goetz Lip Moisturiser (Mecca Cosmetica) and a pot of Classic Carmex.
What is your personal style philosophy?
I’m rather short (and by rather, I mean very!) so a lot of ‘trends’ don’t always suit my height and body shape. High-waisted pants/jeans/shorts…don’t even go there! I always dress for me; my mother taught me that. No matter how much I love something, if it doesn’t suit I won’t buy it. I love mixing fabrics and prints and I adore colour!
What are your wardrobe cornerstones?
- A blazer – perfect over a t-shirt with jeans and flats for work, and great for travelling (especially a woollen blazer which can be slept in on the plane or squished into a suitcase with minimal creasing).
- Evening bag – I don’t carry a lot out with me but I do think a good evening bag is an essential. I prefer a smaller wallet-size on a chain as opposed to a clutch, which I’m always scared I’ll put down and someone else will pick up!
- Fur vest (real or faux) – during winter I wear my fur vest with everything. As well as layering over tops, mine also fits under a blazer or leather jacket which is genius for extra warmth!
- Statement heels – I love to let my shoes do the talking, as well as the walking!. A statement fluro pink, bright blue or leopard-print heel will dress up any outfit.
What is your favourite neighbourhood restaurant?
For dinner, The Pantry. For everything else, The Little Ox. A hop, skip and a jump into neighbouring St Kilda, Cafe Di Stasio (my favourite restaurant in Melbourne).
My must haves…
- A fresh mani – I don’t feel properly groomed without one! Bare Beauty is my go-to.
- A cashmere jumper – an essential piece for Melbourne’s unpredictable weather.
- A water bottle – I always carry one with me, otherwise it’s too easy to let the whole morning slip by without a single sip.
- A signature scent – mine is Comme des Garçons 8 88 or Stella McCartney with Escentric Molecules Molecule 01 layered over both.
- A good personal trainer – I have found a personal trainer (Ben at CrossFit South Yarra) who has managed to keep me committed to a weekly session for the past 18 months. He’s tough, but let’s me chat away and whinge at the same time.
You have a wide range of scarves in your closest. Who is your Scarf Supplier?
Thanks to Grace in Malvern Road, I have a healthy collection of Epice, Lara Bohinc and Virginia Johnsonscarves. I love to wear colour and also feel the cold (no matter what time of year it is), so more often than not I have a bright and cosy scarf wrapped around me.