FENELLA ‘FENJI’ MCCALL
Fenella ‘Fenji’ McCall
Hawthorn East, Victoria
What do you do?
I work at Husk in Melbourne, write a blog ‘My Dress up Box,’ and am a devotee for the L’Oreal Melbourne Fashion Festival for 2013. I am currently in the process of starting my own business on the side, however all details are yet to be announced.
First fashion love?
Funnily enough, I would say my first fashion love was the outfit I wore to my Spanish Dancing classes. I had a red and white polka dot tie up crop top with matching flamenco ruffle skirt with red and white polka dot heels to match.
I used to sneak out on school nights to see late night movies at the Jam Factory on Chapel Street with my girlfriends…very naughty!
Best lesson your mum ever taught you?
To balance my time between work, rest and play… And, to always eat my greens!
Do you have a favorite workout or type of exercise?
Hip Hop dance classes at the Dance Factory in Richmond or at The Space in Prahran. They are so much fun and you get to listen to great music at the same time!
Tell us your top three trusty fashion tools?
1. I always have my camera, as I love taking photos of anything and everything. In particular, I love capturing snaps of cool cats in stylish outfits (usually without them knowing).
2. My Nars ‘laguna’ bronzer from Mecca is also something I will always have on me, especially now as I don’t like having my face in the sun.
3. Last but certainly not least, my Klorane dry hair shampoo. It’s a small can that can fit in your handbag to use on the go when your hair needs a lift. It works a treat if you have blonde hair with roots, as it lightens and brightens making your hair look fabulous!
As a ‘devotee’ for the 2013 L’Oreal Melbourne Fashion Festival, WY? wants to know…what else are you devoted to?
I’m devoted to exercising – I love walking with my staffy while listening to music (another passion of mine!) Dancing is also a big part of who I am, having studied dance at school and taking lessons as an adult.
Last, but certainly not least – I love to read! I just read the classic ‘On the Road,’ which I would definitely recommend. The Hunger Games, The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo and Twilight are also among my favourite reads!
What are the five must-have pieces that you have your eye on for your winter wardrobe?
1. I just bought the J Brand leather pants/ jeans, which are heavenly. The leather is so smooth and beautiful to wear. Very expensive but I’ll live in them this winter.
2. The long sleeve printed and bloc colour silk mini dresses at Life with Bird.
3. Lipsticks. MAC ‘Hang-up’ in deep berry/plum is great, or ‘Morange’ loud mouth orange which will brighten up a dark winter outfit.
4. I love the Acne ‘Star’ and ‘Cypress’ boots. I have a slight obsession with ankle boots and in my opinion; a girl can ever have enough. Head to Acne on High Street in Armadale or online buy online here;
5. Every girl should own an IRO jacket. It’s the best cut, so stylish and easy to wear. You can find them at Husk.
5 ½. IRO has also just released their spring/summer 13 collection which is full of great layering pieces for Melbourne’s cold winter