Name: James Vivian
Home is? Cremorne, Victoria
What do you do?
I live and breathe beautiful, healthy skin and help my client’s achieve this through advanced in-clinic treatments and at-home cosmeceutical skincare. My passion is to assist as many people as possible with their skin, so my latest project, The Cosmeceutical Curator (thecosmeceuticalcurator.com) is helping people both on- and off-line get the most appropriate advice and care for their skin’s needs.
Any woman, or man who makes a commitment to their skin, large or small.
Spaghetti Bolognese with meatballs, pomme frittes, capriccioso with pineapple (no anchovies) and a vanilla milkshake – let’s go out with a bang!
Things that make my skin happy…
Besides a monthly chemical peeling treatment, my skin is happiest when receiving its twice-daily application of Vitamin A (Calm by MAHC), Vitamin B (Multi B Plus Serum by Aspect Dr) and Vitamin C (Catalyst Plus by Osmosis MD) in addition to thorough cleansing, scheduled exfoliation, hydration and SPF during the day.
Evening hero product…?
Defy by Cosmedix – An l-lactic acid and fruit based exfoliant which gently and invisibly lifts away dead and devitalised skin cells whilst promoting a visibly brighter and smoother complexion. No scrubbing required.
Top five skin staples and where to find them…
1. The Signature Dermal Therapy Treatment at James Vivian Dermal Therapies – The perfect pre-occasion treatment and regular maintenance procedure (if I do say so myself).
2. Reflect by Cosmedix – A light-as-water, 3-in-1, SPF 15. It provides physical SPF protection (think anti-ageing and pigment protection) via Titanium Dioxide, hydrates the skin and offers excellent antioxidant support. (Available through The Travelling Peelsman and Melbourne Aesthetic Health Care)
3. Code M Skin Care’s manicures and pedicures – Maria and her girls have these treatments down-pat and the salon is beautiful!
4. Aurora Spa Retreat’s signature Kitya Karnu Steam Room Treatment – Your stress and worries are literally scrubbed away and your skin will love you for weeks.
5. Aesop’s Resurrection Hand Balm – A cult-classic.
What are the two key skincare contacts that you recommend to all your clients?
It has to be Donna Phillips, Registered Nurse and Cosmetic Injector Specialist and Andrew Ives, Qualified Plastic Surgeon who work at the Melbourne Aesthetic Health Care clinic. After visiting these two prodigies you will never have to worry about skincare concerns again!
Other must-have contacts in your address…
Maria and her girls
Code M Skin Care
2 Wallace Avenue Toorak
40 South Caroline Street, South Yarra
(03) 9867 6611
381 Malvern Rd, Malvern VIC 3144, Australia
(03) 9827 0886