JUDY AND LIL ROMANO
Judy & Lil – Brighton
What do you do?
Judy – I run my own business in the world of Events and PR from my gorgeous home office in Brighton.
Lil – I work for Sweaty Betty PR.
Judy, one thing that people don’t know about Lil is…
She doesn’t eat anything with four legs.
Lil, one thing that people don’t know about Judy is…
My dad proposed to mum three months after their first date and they have been married twenty-seven years! They are the best parents in the world.
Favourite form of exercise and why?
Judy –I have just re-joined South Pacific gym in St Kilda but I love walking. The one thousand steps in Ferntree Gully is great and I just adore the walking tracks in Ravello on the Amalfi Coast.
Lil – Everything! But especially golf and running. I love playing golf at Moonah Links Golf Course.
Judy – I galloped through a golf course on my horse very early one morning when I was young. It was the best experience ever but now that my family are golfing mad, I realise how bad I was in doing it! (But it was worth it!)
Lil – I have a confession to make…I always ring on doorbells and run away when I’m leaving a house party, hotel or even walking the dogs. I still do – I love it. It’s good exercise too!
Judy, what is your ideal Mother’s Day?
It has become a tradition over the past few years to stay at Crown Towers after Ann Peacock hosts her Mother’s day lunch on the Friday prior to Mother’s day.
Judy, as a guru in the events industry with your own company – Judy Romano Event Management, what are your top four time-saving tips to ensure you have a good balance between your successful career and being a mum?
1. Sleep when you’re dead.
2. Be super organised and never put things off until tomorrow! Do what you can do – yesterday. In events things can often go pear shaped so you need to be ten steps ahead.
3. Learn to say no to every invitation.
4. If you like reading take time out to read a great book that has nothing to do with your work. I am lovingThe Fear Index by Robert Harris.
Lil, what is the best piece of advice your mum has given you?
Tomorrow is another day.
Judy and Lil, please tell us three items that you would each beg for, borrow or steal?
1. Mik Grigg’s Perfume, Juliette Has a Gun. I love smelling her when I see her, you can get it at Kleins or on line.
2. I am a Blackberry user and I think it’s time to switch to an iPhone but I need somebody (a technology wizard) to transfer all of my contacts for me! I need to learn how to get up to speed with everything beginning with I – iPhone, iPad, iPod, the whole works!
3. A holiday house in Ravello on the Amalfi Coast, but if that doesn’t happen then a house in Torquay will do!
The things I want in life are not for sale in stores but I do get excited about:
1. My Jeep Wrangler. We are very close!
2. Chilli Marghartias at FOG Restaurant.
3. The opportunity to turn my phone off for an entire week!
LIL, YOU ALWAYS LOOK SO FAMOUSLY POLISHED. SO TELL US, WHOSYOUR ONE STOP SHOP BEAUTY SPECILAIST?
Lil, you always look so famously polished. Who’s Your? one stop shop beauty specialist?
Caterina from Heading Out Hair & Beauty takes care of everything – from nails to skin to hair. She is the best in the business and has the best stories to tell!
Caterina De Biase
Heading Out Hair & Beauty
706 Burke Road
Camberwell VIC 3124
(03) 9804 0244