What do you do?
I window shop online all day… and play on Pinterest and Facebook. Although officially, I am the Editor of DropDeadGorgeousDaily.com (DDGD to our friends).
You’re an expert in…
Finding almost anything online and on sale!
What’s one website that changed your life?
I used to say Pinterest but everyone is on there now!
Smartphone apps are all the rage these days. Are there any you recommend when it comes to shopping?
What’s My Size – you put in your measurements and it tells you what size you should be in most major overseas brands. And you can compare sizing between brands too.
What’s the biggest mistake people make when buying things online?
Buying something just because it’s on sale! That’s how you end up with a wardrobe of clothes with all their tags still on.
Can you list your top online shopping tips?
- Avoid overly tailored items – they are harder to get the fit right on.
- Know the shapes, colours and cuts that normally suit you and try and stick to that arena.
- Have your measurements written down somewhere (maybe in your phone), and always check the size charts on each product.
- If a site looks dodgy, or an offer seems too good to be true ($75 Louboutins for example), it probably is!
- Always check the returns policy, and be prepared to actually return items if you don’t love them or they don’t quite fit right. Leaving them at the back of your wardrobe won’t make you like them anymore than you do right now.