St Kilda, Melbourne
What do you do?
I’m a part-time PA and part-time paper folder.
What’s your biggest splurge?
Travel. I love travelling! I also have the best travel agent in the world. Bill Clohesy at Plan B Travel in St Kilda.
Do you have any recommendations for properly displaying artwork?
I like to hang multiple frames collectively using all different sizes. I love taking photos of sunsets so I have created a wall full of beautiful sunsets in different frames which looks great! It makes me feel warm every time I walk past.
What are your top five budget decorator tips?
- Move furniture around. It can instantly give the room a different feel.
- Try softer lighting. This can make a room feel warmer and more inviting.
- Build up your homewares collection slowly and from many different places. (You don’t have to buy it all from the one shop.)
- Add a little colour somewhere, somehow – It will make you happy!
- Ikea can be your friend but you don’t have to buy everything! (Refer to point 3).
Who’s your saviour when you’re pressed for time?
Lately, I’ve been taking advantage of the home delivery services from all the delicious food stores around my area. My favourites are…
- Pinos fruit
- Neils Meats
- Blakes Feast (Speak to Neredah for all your foodie needs. She is the BEST!)
Top five must-haves…
- Sleep. My favourite pastime without a doubt!
- Music. I love how it can take you back to a specific moment in your life in a single beat.
- The Internet. I ask myself how we lived without it for so long.
- Moisturiser. I trust it will be a good investment in the future.
- Laughter. Is there any better tonic? I think not.