With the perfect mix of beauty, brains and brawn, Michelle studied Journalism at Columbia College in Chicago and took to modelling to pay her way before finding the nobel profession of acting and gracing our screens with her signature smile. Often spotted at flea markets and vintage stores or having a “coffee an Aussie would appreciate” with her Australian born husband and talented graphic designer, Peter White and their 4-year-old daughter, Willow. Michelle has generously opened her address book of contacts, sharing with us some out-of-the-way places to go, her air travel tips, online loves and the beauty indulgences she can’t live without.
What’s been your career highlight?
Any independent film I have made, such as Trucker and Fort Bliss.
Who inspires you?
Peter White. The funniest, most charming, creative person I have ever met. Did I mention he’s Aussie…and my hubby?
What do you do in your down time?
We spend lots of time at the beach, hiking and we love to eat! You can find us scouring flea markets and vintage stores on the weekends.
What are your tips for looking great after a long flight?
Water, sleeping pill, then more water.
What are your favourite websites & where do you like to shop online?
- Hemingway and Pickett (hemingwayandpickett.com)
- Satine (www.satineboutique.com)
- Opening Ceremony (www.openingceremony.us)
- eBay (www.ebay.com)
- Barney’s (www.barneys.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-BNY-Site/default/Home-Show)
- Sweet William (www.sweetwilliamltd.com)
Please share some of your favourite hot spots with us…
- Flea market: Fairfax Flea Market on Sunday’s and the Rose Bowl Market every second Sunday.
- Restaurants: The Eveleigh – It’s Aussie owned and they have the most incredible cocktails, handcrafted and updated each season. I also love Gjelina.
- Coffee an Aussie will appreciate: Commissary on Fairfax.
- Quick bite to eat: The Egg Slut food truck is my go to for delicious savoury meals – all starring eggs! If I am being naughty then I can’t go past Umami Burgers – they have the best burgers in town!
- Bar: The Pikey
- Juice: Earthbar
- Museum: LACMA
- Car service: ÜBER