Natasha Marshall Donnelly
What do you do?
I’m a fashion buyer for Elle boutique and a mum to Amellia, five and Jonny, three.
What are your favourite apps?
Instagram, Swan Taxi app, Facebook, Pagers manager app.
Do you follow any style or fashion bloggers?
What makes a great buy for winter?
This winter, invest in quality. You can’t go wrong with a Celine bag and leather leggings – Helmut Lang and J Brand are my top picks. The Isabel Marant Beckett or Bobby sneaker is the perfect chic shoe to run around in, while Jost Goot’s digital print hooded vest is a no brainer. Incorporate some lace, leopard, and a bit more leather into your wardrobe and you are set for the season!
Could you tell us the best places to visit for a day of shopping in Perth?
- Elle – full of all your fashion favourites
- Father – for cool menswear
- Plane Tree Farm – beautiful linen, luxury baths towels and so much more!
- Greenhill Galleries – seriously amazing art
What do you like to do on a typical weekend? What are some of your favourite cafes, restaurants and bars to go to in Perth?
- IlLido – great food on the coast, where the sun sets over the ocean.
- Nahm Thai – Thai that will tantalize your taste buds
- Sado Island – The best Japanese in town!
- La Lola- I love treating myself to a bowl of pasta and La Lola are always my go to Italian.
- Bar Lafayette – the team here are cocktail specialists!
- Rottnest Island – take a boat trip here, it is absolute heaven on earth!
As marketing/press director and buyer for Elle you must be extremely busy. What are your top three tips for staying organised?
1. Have good people around you
2. Try and plan ahead but always be flexible. Life is too short and if you’re rigid you will miss out on a lot of amazing spontaneous moments in life. Some things you just can’t plan for
3. Use i-Phone diary entries with sound and message alerts
What do you look for when selecting pieces for Elle Boutique?
I have always gone by my instincts. I know when I see something amazing, it just jumps out at me but I have to keep in mind retail cost and our climate. Elle’s deliveries are on season with Europe so this means European winter collections arrive for our summer and European summer arrives for our winter, which affects our buying hugely.
Elle stocks an impressive list of International and Australian designers. If you could only wear one label, what would it be?
We are a mixed label boutique, you can’t possibly ask me that question! I never have and couldn’t imagine being restricted to one brand. I love too many designers and designs, it is impossible to pick just one!
Please tell us your top 5 must-have’s
1. My family. (Closely followed by happiness and health)
3. Victoria Beckham LBD
4. Stella McCartney Blazer
5. Celine Bag