SOIREE SAUSAGE ROLLS
- 1 kg sausage mince (find a specialty butcher & by the best quality you can, organic is hard to find)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Japanese bread crumbs
- 1 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce (Heinze are leading the charge with their organic tomato sauce)
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilling sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worestershire sauce or BBQ sauce
- Pepper and salt
- 1 packet puff pastry (leave in fridge to defrost)
- 1 egg beaten for pastry wash
- Sesame seeds for sprinkling (optional)
Preheat your oven to 180 C.
Combine all ingredients and get your hands in and mix well.
Don’t forget to season with lots of pepper and salt. (Tip: if your mixture is a little wet, add more bread crumbs)
Layout a sheet of puff pasty and cut length ways in half, mould the mix in your hands to form a sausage shape and place on the edge of the pasty leaving 1cm along one side, roll the pastry over the mix and press down firmly to seal all the way along.
Roll it over so the seam is underneath the log.
Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Cut the log into bite sized pieces, I normally get about 7 per roll.
Repeat until you have used all the mix.
Line a baking tray with grease proof paper, place sausage rolls on the tray leaving a 2cm space between each one.
Bake in a moderate oven for 20 mins or until golden brown.
Notes: You can par cook the sausage rolls and store in an air tight container for reheating when needed or you can freeze whole logs in pastry un-cut and defrost at your whim!
WHO’S YOUR? BUTCHER…
187 Glenferrie Road
Malvern VIC 3144
03 9509 3359
132 Queen Street
Woollahra NSW 2025
(02) 9328 0402