TOP FIVE INTERIOR TRENDS YOU MUST KNOW!
The Paris Maison & Objet and Paris Deco Off (the equivalent of Fashion Week for Interior designers) took place in a series of satellite events across Rive Gauche and Rive Droite last month and Australian Interior Designer, Alexandra Brownlow was there to view the hotly anticipated collections.
Leaving Paris to return home, Alexandra couldn’t wait to share the top five interior trends for 2013, giving everyone at WY? the go-ahead to revamp and redecorate…
1. Decoration – minimalism is out; extravagance is in. Fine detailing, stitching, decorative lighting and colourful cushions were a standout at many of the shows. Highlights included the crinkle cut raw edge nubuk pieces at Baxter and hand crafted bronze tables at Rick Owens.
2. Colour is big – There was an explosion of colour at Missoni, Jonathan Adler, Christian Lacroix and Maison, with lots of bold contrasting colours.
3. Texture – Chunky weaves at Gan by Paola Urquiola were a highlight - don’t be afraid to go big and play with new textures and fabrics. Step outside the box.
4. Patterns - Pierre Frey released a large collection of textiles with bold patterns in his ‘Indigo Story’ design by Patrick Frey.
5. Comfort - Building on an already strong collection of soft furnishings, Caravane released luxurious quilts in velour and cotton contrast colours, in plains and prints. Simply devine, and oh so comfy!
Want to know more – connect with Alex via our facebook page…