WHIP UP THE PERFECT SCRAMBLE @ HOME
Why leave the house for Sunday morning brunch when you can create the perfect scrambled egg on toast without getting dressed. Forget the long queues this weekend and set a date with Bill Granger and his light and fluffy eggs instead…
1/3 cup cream
1 Pinch of salt
1. Place eggs, cream and salt in a bowl and whisk together.
2. Melt butter in a non-stick frying pan over high heat, taking care not to burn the butter.
3. Pour in egg mixture and cook for 20 seconds, or until gently set around the edge.
4. Stir the eggs with a wooden spoon, gently bringing the egg mixture on the outside of the pan to the centre. The idea is to fold the eggs rather than to scramble them.
5. Leave to cook for 20 seconds longer and repeat the folding process.
6. When the eggs are just set (remembering that they will continue cooking as they rest), turn out onto a plate and serve with hot toast.
Buy Bill’s latest cookbook, ‘Easy’ and get lost in the kitchen!